1. I was conceived in and eventually born in the Philippines.
2. I grew up in the west coast of Canada.
3. I sucked my thumb until I was five years old.
4. When I was 6 years old, I wanted to be Wonder Woman.
5. When I was 6 years old, I had Wonder Woman underoos.
6. My parents made me take piano lessons from the time I was 5 until I was 15 years old.
7. Looking outside my window, it's a clear day and I have a view of the sky scrapers in center city Philadelphia.
8. When I was 6 years old, my best friend at the time and I would pee in the back yard and make mud pies from it.
9. My maternal uncle taught me how to play tennis when I was 10 year old.
10. I hated going through puberty.
11. When I was 14 years old I had this really nasty fight with my mom one evening. I ran out of the house and wandered around the neighborhood until I got tired and ended up hiding out on our back porch. My parents, much to their relief found me back there at around 2 AM........along with the cops they called.
12. When my brother and I were younger, on hot summer nights, we would sleep on the balcony facing the back yard, along with mom and dad, under the stars.
13. When I was 16 years old, I went on my first short-term missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico.
14. I drove my parents' cherry red, four door volvo during my senior year in high school.
15. One of my favorite summers was the one before I entered into the eighth grade.
16. I swallowed a penny when I was 7 years old.
17. My brother and I fought like cats and dogs when we were in high school.
18. I was in love with the same boy all throughout high school.
19. My favorite Jane Austen novel is "Pride and Prejudice".
20. I used to sing in a children's choir at church.
21. My roomate thinks I should pursue singing......NOT.
22. I ended up here in the east coast as a result of Bruce Main lecturing in one of my sociology classes during my junior year of college.
23. I wanted to marry "The Ricker" when I as 10 years old.
24. No matter where I am or how late it is, I always have to read before I go to sleep.
25. I think daisies are pretty flowers
26. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." Jeremiah 31:3,4
27. I almost went blind in my right eye when I was 18 years old.
28. Flying in airplanes used to terrify me.
29. I love playing beach volleyball.
30. Sometimes I wonder what ever happened to the boy I dated in college.
31. One of my favorite summer jobs while in college was working at a children's bookstore.
32. Give me a pint of Michelob Ultra, and I'm a happy girl.
33. Give me a Diet Coke with lime and I am an equally happy girl.
34. I almost went to a bible college in Saskatchewan after I graduated from high school. Thank God I didn't.
35. I've been to San Diego, CA, 12 times so far.
36. When I was about 8 years old, my favorite movie was the musical, Annie. My younger cousins and I would try to re-enact the musical in the living room; of course, I always got the part of Annie.
37. One of my favorite places in NYC is Central Park.
38. I would love to have a Mark Rothko original.
39. I hate using dirty, nasty, toilets.
40. It took me an hour and a half to hike up the Grouse Grind.
41. Next month, my parents will be celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary.
42. BFF and I went on a road trip down the Oregon coast, the summer before my senior year in college. We camped, went dune buggying, had weinie roasts and s'mores at night, and then towards the end of our trip we made a pitt stop in Portland and went shopping at Clackamus mall. I bought carpenter overalls at the Gap.
43. I have become a sudoku junkie.
44. I lived in South Dakota for a year.
45. It will have been two years ago this month that my grandmother passed away.
46. When I lived in South Dakota, friends of mine had a yellow lab who gave birth to a litter of puppies. I decided to pick one up as a Christmas gift for my parents. We named her Dakota. She had to be put down on the exact same day as my grandmother passed away.
47. My dream is to own a children's bookstore one day.
48. I can watch "You've Got Mail" over and over again and not get tired of it.
49. When I visited my friend in San Francisco, we rode on an old Fire Engine to tour the city.
50. I've taken the train cross country twice.
51. I love peppermint scented candles.
52. Last year my roomates and I spent a few days in Las Vegas......."what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
53. I can say that, even with their quirks and idiosyncrasies, I truly love my parents.
54. Reading is my choice of preference over watching TV.
55. I fell in love with kayaking two years ago.
56. I *heart* NYC in the fall.
57. After have made numerous trips out to NYC, last October I went up the Empire State building for the first time. We climbed the last six floors up.
58. Hormone Happy Boy's mom is my most favorite aunt in the whole wide world.
59. My faith in Christ is one of the most important things to me.
60. Am I almost finished with this hundreds list yet???
61. When I was in high school, some of the kids in my church youth group and I would drive out to Beaver Lake, located in Stanley Park, in the middle of the night and freak ourselves out walking through the woods around the lake. The location was where Stephen King's "It" was filmed.
62. I loooooooove books.
63. Judy Blume's "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret", gave me that first glimpse into the wonderful world of puberty when I was 9 years old.
64. I regret not fighting for the relationship to work.
65. One of my favorite photographers is Ansel Adams.
66. One of these days, I am either going hike or ride an ass down the Grand Canyon.
67. My most favorite dessert shoppe in NYC is Serendipity3.
68. Camping is one of my favorite pasttimes.
69. Years ago, we backpacked it up the Chief Mountain in Squamish. I remember living on spam, carrots, and bread for three days.
70. The summer before my big move to the east coast, my cousins and I hiked up and then down the Chief Mountain. I couldn't walk for the next three days.
71. I played the flute when I was in high school.
72. When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be a world famous gymnast like Nadia Comaneci. That obviously didn't happen.
73. I was deprived from owning a Cabbage Patch Kid as a child.
74. I am hoping to adopt a dog sometime in the next year. Hopefully a golden retriever?!?!
75. Everyday I drive over the Ben Franklin Bridge to get to my job in Philly.
76. Extreme cold bothers me.
77. Extreme heat and humidity bothers me even more.
78. This is starting to get lame. .
79. Are you bord yet?
80. My goal this year is to run in the Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance run. (We'll see if it actually comes to fruition, as it was also my goal last year. Never happened.)
81. I've seen Holly Cole live, 3 times at the Orpheum Theatre.
82. I love to laugh.....not just the wimpy kind of ha ha laughter, but the raucous kind of laughter. Make me laugh and I will love you forever.
83. I love my job, but it does not define who I am as an individual.
84. God has blessed me with a wonderful group of friends who have seen me go through the ups and downs of life and have amazingly stuck by me even with my crazy and quirky ways.
85. High Tea is one of my guilty pleasures.
86. Whenever I'm in Seattle, I make it a point to browse through Pike's Market and purchase a huge bouquet of flowers in one of the flower stalls.
87. I am a shoe whore.
88. One of my favorite children's series is The Chronicles of Narnia. I could read these books over and over again.
89. The first time I went sea-dooing was on the Missouri river. IT FREAKED ME OUT!!!
90. I have a low tolerance for alcohol......and it's provided many evenings of amusement for my roomates and friends, at my expense.
91. Thank the good Lord that this list is almost complete.
92. The era of Baroque music is my favorite in the history of classical music.
93. Pachebel Canon in D is one of my favorite Baroque pieces.
94. Lying to me once is all it takes to break my trust; although I am able to forgive, building up that trust will take a very long time.
95. I loooooove sushi.
96. Wine makes me sleepy.
97. Burt's Bees products is also one of my guilty pleasures.
98. I love Jesus. Really. I do.
99. He really hurt me two years ago.....I was never the same thereafter.
100. I am currently in a state of confusion.
Well folks, there you have it - my "Hundred" list. I know these kind of lists can be quite arduous to read and so if you actually got through it, then congratulations: You discovered some new things about me. Now your life is complete and you can finally use public bathrooms.
And as for me.....I'm going to bed.

7 comments:
Congratulations on completing the list. They're hard to do in one sitting.
I think you're amazingly well-balanced for having never had a Cabbage Patch Doll as a child.
Sadly, even at 41, I have Cabbage Patch Doll cheeks.
i HAVENT EVEN READ THROUGH THIS WHOLE THING YET BUT i JUST WANTED TO SAY, EVERY TIME i READ SOMEONE'S 100 LIST i'M STRUCK BY HOW MUCH WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON ...
crap I had cap lock on and my secret's out - I have to look at the keys in order to type quickly. Anyway, I'm too lazy to retype this. Forgive me. ;)
I'll be back soon to finish reading this :)
P.S. #8 ... EEEWWW!
theresa,
coming up with this list was tough, but i did it! although i'm not too sure about the "amazingly well-balanced" part, i do appreciate it. thank you for your kind words. :)
clew,
i was hoping for that kind of reaction from my #8. glad to know you appreciated it. lol!
You'll be happy to know #8 is totally freaking me out.
justin,
i'm really happy now. it's always my goal to keep you freaked out. :D
Joy, this list was great!!! Doing my hundreds list was hard, but once I got going, I felt like I could come up with 100 more things.
However, your list really dated you. And me too. I had Wonder Woman underoos, but no Cabbage Patch doll and I used to pretend I was Nadia Comaneci. I blame all my idiosyncracies on my piano teacher. I hated that stupid metronome. Tick, tick, tick, tick.
LOL on the pee pies.
ahh, the Ricker... (swoon)
Post a Comment