Thursday, March 9, 2006

I Didn't

I have always sucked at prose and poetry, however I figured I'd try my hand at it. The other night I was challenged to write one and of course I never back down from challenges. But of course, it always helps when you have someone offering themselves to be your muse. So here goes.......

I Didn’t

I ventured into a new world
At first with great trepidation,
Baby steps, slowly immersing, bigger steps
I didn’t expect this.


I entered into a new place
Different people, contrasting thoughts,
Community slowing being crafted
I didn’t expect this.


I found community in a new place
Discovered what appeared to be in my mind
Something mysterious, something ominous.
I didn’t expect this.


I crossed the threshold into new territory
Slowly, with immense apprehension,
Lines becoming indistinct, starting to cross
I didn’t expect this.


I am allowing myself into this new world,
Unsettling, risky, unknown, exciting.
Ultimately offering my vulnerable self.
I didn’t expect you.

3 comments:

Smerdyakov said...

It's definitely a risk to expose yourself to something/someone new.
Nice job though.

Joy said...

Thanks AC. My muse was such an inspiration.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I like the feeling of being someplace new, not only a new city, culture but a new emotion that your poem invokes.