My roomate, Irishgirl, is an after school program director for an inner-city ministry here. Earlier this morning she shared with me what her program kids were going to be doing this afternoon.
Irishgirl: This afternoon the firemen are coming to program.........
Me: Oh yeah? That sounds like "fun". *big smile*
Irishgirl: It should be quite eventful. *smiles back*
Me: *Smirking* So.......are they bringing their hoses?
Irishgirl: *shakes head and rolls her eyes*
Me: *laughter ensues *
PAUSE...........
Irishgirl: Yep....they're gonna let us play with their hoses this afternoon.
Me: *feigns shocked look*
Irishgirl: *with much laughter* Joy, you knew that was coming......you were so asking for that.
Now, why would l'il ole me want to bring in these types of innuendos to a nice, clean conversation? I'm a good girl, I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I've never particularly cared for innuendo myself. I'd prefer that the thrust of the conversation be straightforward and penetrating. Why beat around the bush when you can stick to the topic at hand? People who who say one thing butt mean another have always rubbed me the wrong way.
Oh. Dear. Gawd.
I really don't know why I put up with you AC.
What? Did I say something wrong?
"I've never particularly cared for innuendo myself."
Don't try to act all innocent with me Mr. Assclown.
'ris.....c'mon now. i'm not the one who goes around taking pictures of "people" peeing in the woods.
Post a Comment