I'm the host on tap for today, and am at a loss for any creative impression. This is greatly evidenced by the lack of enthusiasm at my own blog.
Guest hosting is a prestigous honor, one that shouldn't be taken lightly. It's imperative that you "one-up" the previous posters in both charm and witty banter. So you can see the conundrum that I'm worked into here not having anything with teeth - anything of brilliant matter.
In my own experience, it's best just to let writer's block unblock itself through the natural course of time. Any attempt at forcing a notion only prolongs the proverbial dead end. Waiting is not a problem when you aren't responsible for the readership of another person. And as nice as Joy is and would never say anything bad about the job I did here, I certainly don't want to relay her traffice to another race.
So whilst I think of something original, something worth while of Joy quality, something undeniably peppy, please help me start a "Hundreds List" for Joy Joy Bean.
Leave what you know about Joy in the comment section and she can tweek and create as needed to complete her list.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

53 comments:
1. Joy has cool friends.
One time a few years ago Joy & I were in a convenience store buying some slurpees and a Milky Way bar when these thugs ran in with guns to rob the place. I personally saw Joy spin kick the first guy into unconsciousness then snap the other guy's neck with her bare hands. Then she ripped off his ear as a trophy commemorating her kill.
Freaked me out.
Really ac. Sometimes I don't know why I put up with you.
2. I grew up in the west coast of Canada.
3. I almost went blind in my right eye when I was 18.
4. I *heart* NYC in the fall.
5. I lived in South Dakota for a year.
3. I sucked my thumb until I was five years old.
7. I live by a river.
8. She lives in a van down by the river.
Someone's been watching one too many Saturday Night Lives....*cough* ac *cough*....
9.I don't live in a van by a river, but I do live in a narrow, three level, house near a river.
10. I am talking to my mom on the phone right now. :)
11. When I was 6 years old, I wanted to be Wonder Woman.
12. When I was 6 years old, I had Wonder Woman underoos.
13. My parents made me take piano lessons from the time I was 5 until I was 15 years old.
14. I've seen RENT four times in NYC.
15. I ran my first 10K race in 2000.
16. One of my favorite photographers is Ansel Adams.
17. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." Jeremiah 31:3,4
18. Long road trips are the best!
19. I think daisies are pretty flowers
20. Looking outside my window, it's a clear day and I have a view of the sky scrapers in center city Philadelphia.
21. My brother and I fought like cats and dogs when we were in high school.
22. I was born in Manila.
23. No matter where I am or how late it is, I always have to read before I go to sleep.
24. He hurt me two and a half years ago. I was never the same after that.
25. I've taken the train cross country twice.
26. Flying in airplanes used to terrify me.
27. When I was 6 years old, my best friend at the time and I would pee in the back yard and make mud pies from it.
28. Sometimes I wonder what ever happened to the boy I dated in college.
29. An old boss of mine was a Newfie. I hated her.
30. When I visited my friend in San Francisco, we rode on an old Fire Engine to tour the city.
31. I can watch "You've Got Mail" over and over again and not get tired of it.
32. After have made numerous trips out to NYC, last October I went up the Empire State building for the first time. We climbed the last six floors up.
33. One of my favorite summer jobs while in college was working at a children's bookstore.
34. It will have been two years ago this month that my grandmother passed away.
35. Give me a pint of Michelob Ultra, and I'm a happy girl.
36. Give me a diet coke with lime and I am an equally happy girl. :)
37. I have become a sudoku junkie.
38. I almost went to a bible college in Saskatchewan after I graduated from high school.
39. I've been to San Diego, CA, 12 times so far.
40. BFF and I went on a road trip down the Oregon coast, the summer before my senior year in college. We camped, went dune buggying, had a weinie roast and s'mores, and then towards the end of our trip we made a pitt stop in Portland and went shopping at Clackamus mall. I bought carpenter overalls at the Gap.
41. When I was about 8 years old, my favorite movie was the musical, Annie. My younger cousins and I would try to re-enact the musical in the living room; of course, I always got the part of Annie.
42. When my brother and I were younger, on hot summer nights, we would sleep on the balcony facing the back yard, along with mom and dad, under the stars.
43. I would love to have a Mark Rothko original.
44. When I was 16 years old, I went on my first short-term missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico.
45. I drove my parents' cherry red, four door volvo during my senior year in high school.
46. When I lived in South Dakota, friends of mine had a yellow lab who gave birth to a litter of puppies. I decided to pick one up as a Christmas gift for my parents. We named her Dakota. She had to be put down on the exact same day as my grandmother passed away.
47. My dream is to own a children's bookstore one day.
48. One of my favorite summers was the one before I entered into the eighth grade.
49. It took me an hour and a half to hike up the Grouse Grind.
51. I swallowed a penny when I was 7 years old.
52. I am currently in a state of confusion.
53. Next month, my parents will be celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary.
Post a Comment