Monday, March 20, 2006

DAM #2 + My Favorite Things #3 = Sheer Stupidity

This is a Sonicare Elite 7500.

It's got this neat smartimer which is the automatic shut-off feature that helps encourage you to brush for 2 minutes, which is the dental professional recommended brushing time.

It's also got Dual Speed Control which lets you set the brushing power. The normal speed for optimal plaque removal and reduced speed for gentle cleaning.

It has a slim, angled neck and contoured brush head which makes it easier to clean hard-to-reach places.

Most importantly, it cleans and whitens teeth, removes plaque, improves gum health and significantly reduces gingivitis.

I know.....I sound like some cheesey salesperson, trying to hock off her wares. And y'all are probably wondering where I am going with this. The thing is, I own this wonderful toothbrush and ever since I purchased it about two years ago (at cost, mind you, from my dental hygienist cousin), I have never looked back at a regular toothbrush again.

Call me the Sonicare Elite 7500 Whore.

I raved and raved over this toothbrush so much in my house that Irishgirl and PAgirl decided to purchase one for themselves. And of course, they too, were hooked.

So now the three of use have the same electric toothbrush and so of course, we have wisely marked each toothbrush in order to prevent the mistake of accidently using the other's. Great idea, right?

Last weekend I was in north Jersey, hanging out with BFF and our other mutual friend, TheRev. Of course I packed my handy Sonicare Elite 7500. I never go away without it. When I came home on Sunday morning, in the midst of unpacking my toiletry bag, I took out the case that held my Sonicare Elite 7500 in and placed it on the bathroom sink. I went back into my room to do more unpacking before taking a shower. After my shower I proceeded to brush my teeth, and mind you it felt so good to clean my teeth, especially since I did not get a chance to brush my teeth the night before (had a few glasses of shiraz, and well.....you know how it is). As I finished brushing my teeth, I looked down on the bathroom sink, only to discover that my Sonicare Elite 7500 electric toothbrush case still sitting there.

WITH MY TOOTHBRUSH STILL INSIDE IT.

My Dumb Ass self forgot that her own Sonicare Elite 7500 was still in its case and therefore, ended up using PAgirl's Sonicare Elite 7500.

And the twisted thing is, I still haven't told her.

5 comments:

Justin said...

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Spin_Doc1 said...

Don't tell her! What she doesn't know won't hurt her or you.

Jenn said...

Ummm....wouldn't posting that here be telling her if she reads this??

*runs and hides*

Smerdyakov said...

Ooohh! I'm going to tell on you.

Joy said...

justin,
i posted this with you in mind. :D i sooo knew you were going to react that way!

spin_doc1,
what goes on in the bathroom, stays in the bathroom. ;)

jenn,
umm.....i don't think she knows about this blog. :P

anonymous coward,
go ahead, rat me out......i DARE you. :P