Friday, March 3, 2006

Dad

This afternoon, I had an amusing conversation with my dad, and I have to say, he is such an endearing man. I've been calling and checking up on him all this week because mom is off gallivanting somewhere in the Pacific Rim. Actually, mom flew out to Asia because her eldest sister's husband passed away last week and so she travelled out there in order to support her sister and her family.

The conversation I had with dad this afternoon had me yearning for the richness of family and of course, for the west coast. However, even with this yearning, reality sets in and I am once again reminded of why I am here and what it would actually be like if I moved back to the west coast. That's another story in and of itself. All the same, everytime I talk to dad on the phone he never fails to ask about how our resident pitt bull, Chubbs, is doing. It's funny how he has quickly forgotten that the dog nearly bit him during his vist here last year. Nevertheless, prior to saying our good-byes, dad just HAD to share with me a dog joke he recently heard. Of course, I had to humor him a little and let him tell me the joke.

Let's just say that dad laughed at this joke a little bit too hard.

And me? Well, I laughed and chuckled a bit. But not as hard as dad. The most amusing thing was that dad pulled one of those "old people" stunts of laughing at his own corny joke.

Scary.

Nonetheless, I love this man and I hope that one day, I will meet and eventually marry someone who comes even close to having the character, integrity, and strength that my father has.

5 comments:

Smerdyakov said...

isnt that illegal? utah maybe.

Joy said...

ac,
go wash your head in that toilet. *mwah*

Larissa said...

so what's the joke???

Joy said...

ris,
I think anonymous coward is trying to be the joke.

Joy said...

Everyone,
Say hi to my dear, younger brother... Fetish Mask. Pity the dear woman who has to spend the rest of her life with him.