Tuesday, April 25, 2006

souza

dance
as though no one is watching you,

love
as though you have never been hurt before,

sing
as though no one can hear you,

live
as though heaven is on earth. -souza

I discovered this quote not too long ago while I was roaming through the Philadelphia Art Museum with a friend. It was the day after IvyLeagueBoy announced to me that he "couldn't handle being in a relationship" with me because he needed to work through his "patterns" from previous relationships. Needless to say, I was devastated. With that said, I wanted to rip souza apart at first glance of this quote. But then, as I stood there, processing this quote, I could feel this tiny seed of hope begin to impregnate itself inside my innermost being. It's been quite the road since that late Saturday night when ILB broke my heart. Although the walls are still there and I still proceed with caution, souza's message has been slowly flourishing in my soul and I look forward to the day when I can once again dance, love, sing, and live with abandon.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I agree with your sentiments. At different times, when I've come across this quote and read the words, "love as though you've never been hurt", I've thought to myself, "OH YEAH!, Well whoever wrote THAT never met the poo-poo head guys that I've been around!"
Today, I think I agree with it (although the poo-poo-heads exist).

Michelle said...

I'm with Theresa. I cautiously agree with this quote. I guess what that really means is the beauty of the quote is lost on me. :-/