Sunday, April 9, 2006

A New York City Palm Sunday

In about an hour I will be driving out to Hamilton, NJ, where I will be boarding on the NE corridor train heading out to NYC's Penn Statiion. Yay!!! I'll be spending most of the day with Columbiagirl and Therapyboy, friends of mine who moved to the upper west side almost two months ago. The unfortunate thing is I'm missing out on the Palm Sunday service at my church. However I will be bringing my small Bible on the train with me, along with the MP3 player in which I've downloaded quite a few Passion worship songs, (along with Linkin Park - go figure huh?). So on my way out to NYC, I'll be doing my own form of worship on this Palm Sunday; no, I won't be spreading out my jacket and palm branches in train in the attempt to re-enact that first Palm Sunday. However, my heart with be singing "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" (Matthew 21:7-9)

Happy Palm Sunday everyone!!!

8 comments:

clew said...

Happy Palm Sunday, Joy! I hope you had a good one!

Theresa said...

I wish you would have taken some palms on the train ... started a sing-a-long ... but then I always enjoy a good train ride.

Bougie Black Boy said...

I see how you IS.
LOL

next time call a Bougie Brotha!

Nunzia said...

ahh good luck in my home town.. it can be a rough place. Happy belated Palm Sunday :)

Joy said...

clew,
thanks friend. hope you had an equally good one as well!

theresa,
if i did that, i probably would have been kicked off the train. ;)

bougie,
i was thinking about you while i was there. i'd love to hang out with you next time i'm out there. i'm planning a trip sometime next month. email me and we'll exchange numbers. :)

nunzia,
hey girl! didn't know you were from the big apple. thanks for dropping by!!

i used to be me said...

I thought about you today, Joy, after I trimmed my own bangs. Not one of my best ideas. :(

Anonymous said...

have a blessed holy week. =)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great weekend! Palm Sunday was awesome at our church....:D