Thursday, April 20, 2006

I *Heart* The Weepies


My new favorite independent band at the moment.


Remember that song I posted a few days ago? Somebody Loved. Yeah, that's them. Earlier this evening, after I finished with the teen adoption group that I facilitate, Iowagirl and I met up with several friends at the World Cafe in Philly's university city to hear The Weepies perform live. They almost made me want to weep (no pun intended). The Weepies, made up of Steve Tannen and Deb Talen, form this incredibly unique, fresh, and sparkly sound, accompanied by the crisp music of their acoustic guitars. I also loved how genuine and authentic both of them were as they interacted with the audience. I truly *heart* them. They just started their tour a few weeks ago and will be travelling across the country performing in different venues. For my Vancouver peeps who frequent my blog on occasion - *ahem* FetishKing *ahem*, The Weepies will be performing in Vancouver on May 18 at The Media Club, so check them out if you get the chance.

The last song they ended with tonight?


Somebody Loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing night :-)

Will you tell us a little more about this teen adoption group? Is it for pregnant teens who are thinking of giving their kids up for adoption, or teens who WERE adopted?