Meet Chubbs. Our resident Pitt Bull. She is very affectionate, attention-seeking, loving, and most of all incredibly territorial. She was emaciated, wounded, and eating her own feces when Iowagirl found her about a year and a half ago in South Philly. The vet was fairly certain that she was used as bait for Pitt fights in the city because of her small stature. Sick huh? I am a huge dog lover and it angers me to no end that this nonsensical "game" actually takes place in certain parts of the city. And the even twisted part? People gamble on these Pitt fights and so of course money is made at the expense of severely injured and even dead dogs. Makes my stomach turn. Anyone know the number to the S.P.C.A.???

8 comments:
look at those eyes, scary! but she has a cute name -- chubbs.
http://www.bestfriends.org/
It is the best animal rescue organization. If you need to feel good about humanity visit their facility.
Chubbs is a cutie. And he rather looks like Chubbs from that golf movie with Adam Sandler. My mind is drawing a blank.
Chubbs is adorable! I'm a big fan of the Pitts.
My sister's ex killed her dog in one of those fights. It was absolutely heartbreaking.
Awwe look at da baby!
Joy, I could just hug you & Iowagirl for taking Chubbs in. A girlfriend of mine adopted a rescue pitbull/sharpei mix - she'd been horribly abused, in ways I can't wrap my head around. She was the sweetest most wonderful dog ... Chubbs knows you guys are her saving angels.
People who hurt animals for sport are seriously wired wrong. I don't think there's any fixing someone like that - they're just defective. Animal abuse laws and penalties need to be much much harsher. I'd like to kill those bastards myself actually.
It makes me sad what people can do to animals. :(
That's a great picture of Chubbs though. I've heard lots about him and I'm glad I got to see him. :)
Thanks friends. For the record though, Chubbs is female. :D
I think you'r heart is as big as texas! you gave her another chance.she is beautiful! if we had more people like us more pets would find love.
Post a Comment