Friday, June 23, 2006

Wish


Little boy with no worries on your back.
Pulling wagons, climbing trees,
Scraping knees and building forts,
Make a wish and blow the dandelion.

Enter into a phase of confusion
Altering voices, changing growing.
Suspended amid boy and man.
Make a wish and blow the dandelion.

Breaking free from watchful eyes,
Testing the waters, one foot in,
Then full immersion to freedom.
Make a wish and blow the dandelion.

One grown man with the world on your back.
Determined but now sadly defeated.
Broken hearted, cynical, and jaded.
No more wishes, the dandelions have died.

3 comments:

i used to be me said...

I like this. alot

nosthegametoo said...

I remember when I could identify with the little boy more than i can today.

This is wonderful.

Helene said...

beautiful and touching. I loved the photo! I wish I could remember ever being like that little boy!