An old friend of mine, CaliSurferDude, was always one of those guys I'd run to whenever I needed advice from a male's perspective. He dated one of my closest friends out here for a long time until they broke up last year. CSD always showed his protective streak when I embarked into a new relatonship or was thinking of exploring things with a potential boy. When things didn't work out, CSD was always there with his sage advice and listening ear. One of the things that he always stressed was how guys thrive on the chase and the challenge of pursuing a woman. But I wonder, do they enjoy it when they catch you, as much as when they are pursuing you? Or does the relationship fizzle after the initial excitement? Does it always have to be some game? I have been pursued, but no one's really bothered to stick around. I must be relationship retarded or something.
Such a shame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Perhaps we just pick the wrong people.
I’ve done a whole lot of stupid stuff trying to figure out what sort of games other people play. The motives, methods and rules change with every guy. It’s too much to deal with and the end result is always disappointing. I came to the conclusion a while back that the only way to play the game is to figure out if I’m playing any games and QUIT IT! I don’t have any control over whether or not the other person does that kind of goofy stuff. If they do, they’re the one who ultimately loses in the end.
Spinner,
Or maybe we attract the wrong people? Remind me to tell you about the guy I "dated" last fall.
t-
That's the thing, why does it have to be a game? Why can't we all just be real with each other?
Post a Comment