...where I have to drive up to the border in order to renew my Trade NAFTA (TN) working visa. Tomorrow morning, I'm driving up to Niagara Falls with a good friend from church, in order to go through this stress-inducing process that I go through every single year. The TN visa is part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which allows Canadians to work in the US, under the condition this person has a job offer from a company and as long as their college degree meets the criteria of the job. A good friend of mine, Larissa, just went through this process a few weeks ago and it went fairly smoothly for her. I am praying that I get the same officer who issued her the same visa at the Rainbow Bridge border in Niagara.
I am not ready, if ever, to move back to Vancouver yet. Earlier this evening, I had a long phone conversation with BFF. She is of the opinion that I will probably never move back to Vancouver. I told her that I am just not ready to move back at this point in my life. I adore the west coast and it will always be "home" for me; however, this coast that I am living in, the east coast, has also become my home - along with the Geographical Orphans who have also become my family.
I don't know what I'll do if I have to move back to Vancouver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good luck with the visa thingy. If they give you a hard time, tell them that you are absolutely irreplaceable.
doesn't it seem silly that someone who has already gone through that process and proved themself a productive citizen should have to do that on a yearly basis? good luck.
on the other hand, i have never been to vancouver but from what i've heard and seen in pictures it sounds like a place i could go and never want to leave.
Don't worry Joy. Things will always work out the way they're supposed to.
hope you get it! God bless!
Ooh, good luck! And just remember that everything happens for a reason, so if you do happen to go back to Vancouver, you have a purpose for being there.
Isn't life funny and wonderful like that sometimes? But still, good luck.
i woulda driven up there with you! ! ! i was bored as heck. and I need a roadtrip! Are you coming to the bougie book party?
T-
That's a very sweet thing to say. :)
ug-
I highly recommend you take a trip out to Vancouver. I can guarantee that you will fall in love with the city.
nnm and Lynn-
It all worked out! :)
itj,
it is crazy but drive up and hanging out in Niagara is always a ton of fun, especially with the right company.
bougie,
i think it's high time we met! unfortunately it won't be at your book signing. :( i'm moving into a new place this week and this weekend is going to filled with packing and moving. fun stuff. how's the foster care/adoption training coming?
Post a Comment