Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Quote Of The Day

"If I find in myself a desire which
no experience in this world can satisfy,
the most probable explanation is that
I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis


This might explain the restlessness that I feel, time and time again - as C.S. Lewis, his eloquent self, so states it.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Christianity teaches that one should always be ready to go to their eternal home, but I'm just not ready. Doesn't that sound bad.

I'm not really sure if that's what C.S. Lewis is talking about here, but I'm guessing.

If I look at it from a totally secular point of view, I say mold your own world to fit your desires.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I can't explain it but I feel it too. Perhaps it is the ignorance of what we really want and therefore we are incapable of attaining it.

Anonymous said...

our pastor once said that "God knows everything that you want. He's all knowing. but do you really know what you want? maybe it's time to search your heart because everything the we need, God already gave and still giving. but what do you want?"

joy, thank you for your comment on my blog. it was very uplifting. God bless you always, dear sis.

clew said...

C.S. Lewis is one of my favorites. No explanation needed when reading this quote!

For this reason, I seem to be both restless and content at the same time. Though a seemingly inconsistent state, it's a rather great place to be.

Know what I mean? :)