For those of you who came to visit my blog earlier today, you saw one post that displayed panic and some devastation (I know, I know....call me the resident drama queen). I accidentally deleted my blog this morning. Upon realization of what I had done, this sick feeling that I cannot even describe settled deep in the pitt of my stomach. In the midst of this madness, I was able to have some semblance of somewhat of a sound mind. (Woah! Alliteration!) I did a search on blogger and discovered Blogger Help which takes you through some steps on retrieving a blog that was accidentally deleted. This other site by O.K., O.K., was also very helpful. Nonetheless, I was able to find an email address for blogger support and sent them a very panicked email this morning explaining to them what happened. This evening I received a response from Blogger Support (yes, a real live individual named Alexander!) who informed me that he was able to restore my blog into my account. Woohoo and Phew!!! God is definitely good.
My insomniac self had only half an hour of sleep last night and so I better hit the sack. Tune in next time for more of JoyIsMe. :) Have a good night y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Joy, I'm so glad you were able to retrieve all your lost writing. I know from experience how frustrating that can be.
Now, get some rest.
I see you also managed to delete the correct blog. ;-)
Congrats on having your blog restored so quickly. God must be smiling on you. Blogger Tips and Tricks
I wish I had known that eariler. I deleted my blog about 10 months ago and did not know how to get it back. Now I know.
I'm glad it all worked out for you, Joy :)
I would highly suggest your to set up your own domain and server. I personally use WORD PRESS for Blog publishing, since it has more functionaly and less of that generic feeling that Blooger.com provides.
Thanks friends. I appreciate the support. :)
And Peter, thank YOU for your blogger for dummies blog. It was pretty helpful.
lem,
i'm not that high maintenance - you of all people ought to know that. i think i'll stick with blogger for a while. thanks for the suggestion though. talk to you soon.
Oh, yay yay YAY! I'm so happy you could salvage everything! Thank Heaven for computer savvy people!
Post a Comment