"My true meaning and worth are shown to me not in my
estimate of myself, but in the eyes of the One who loves me;
and that One must love me as I am, with my faults and
limitations revealing to me the truth that these faults and
limitations cannot destroy my worth in their eyes;
and that I am therefore valuable as a person, in spite of my
shortcomings, in spite of the imperfections of my exterior package."
estimate of myself, but in the eyes of the One who loves me;
and that One must love me as I am, with my faults and
limitations revealing to me the truth that these faults and
limitations cannot destroy my worth in their eyes;
and that I am therefore valuable as a person, in spite of my
shortcomings, in spite of the imperfections of my exterior package."
Thomas Merton, Love and Living
On those days when I feel so wretched and unworthy, I am somehow reminded of this particular quote by Merton. Today was one of those days.
On those days when I feel so wretched and unworthy, I am somehow reminded of this particular quote by Merton. Today was one of those days.

6 comments:
you are valuable, we all are, in the eyes of God. hope you feel better soon.
Whatever it takes to remind you of this truth - take hold of it and don't forget!
I agree with what pia said. :)
I can truly relate. Thank you for sharing this; as today has been one of those days for me as well.
I really like this qoute alot here. Hope u don't mind, I'm copying it down... Keep keeping on girl.
Thanks friends! :)
Curious, long time no see! No problem, copy away! That's what it's there for. :)
Post a Comment