Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dumb Ass Moment #1

I tend to find myself in somewhat precarious and compromising situations which can be amusing, but for the most part, completely humiliating. Therefore I will blog my "Dumb Ass Moments" (DAM) as they occur. Take today for instance........

So after leaving the office this afternoon, I went about with the usual routine of heading out to the gym for my run. I was still dressed in my office clothes and so obviously I had go to the women's changing room to change into my running clothes. Nonetheless, I get changed into my running gear and as I was leaving the changing room, this guy walked by me, glanced my way and kept walking. I turned right and followed him, thinking that he was heading out to the gym area. When I did this, he glanced back and gave me this really strange look. Well, it turned out I followed him into the men's changing room.

I

Am

Such

A

DUMB

ASS.

8 comments:

Spin_Doc1 said...

My D.A.M.-I recently accepted a new job and had to send out "I regret to inform you but thank you for the opportunity" letters to the other companies that had made me an offer. However one letter I sent I used the wrong company name. I bet they were glad I did not accept their offer considering I could not get their name correct.

Joy said...

pia,
nah i'm not being hard on myself. more like poking fun at myself. this story has been the source of much
laughter today in my office. DAM's are good for the soul because they result in laughter after the fact. :D

spin_doc1,
yeah....definitely a DAM. i think we should start a DAM club, whaddya think? ;)

Bougie Black Boy said...

That is hilarious... you have a way with telling stories and making the humor truly come across. Not sure you realize it.

Justin said...

You actually expect me to believe this was moment #1? Come on now! :-P

Joy said...

stephen,
why thank you! that really means alot, coming from you because to be honest with you, i really don't realize it. :)

Justin,
true, i've had many a dumb ass moments. ask my roomates - i'm prone to them. i just haven't recorded them on my blog. don't worry, y'all will have the privvy of reading them right here. :P

Anonymous said...

LMBO Girl it happens!!

Spin_Doc1 said...

Joy- I am all about the club, I have so much material.

Joy said...

spin_doc, you're welcome to join the club. i'm sure others here will welcome a good laugh!