Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Work-A-Holic Learns To Play

It's funny how certain things can really get you worked up and your view of the world becomes dismal, bleak, and even grim. The last weekend and a half was incredibly stressful and of course, most of it was work related. Apart from the fact that I was working 10-12 hour days, I was coming home at a fairly late hour, around the time when it was time for me to get ready for bed. Depressing huh?

Today I actually arrived home at a decent hour, around 4:00 PM. *GASP* I know. Irishgirl nearly had a heart attack when she discovered that I got home before she did. My small group from church meets in East Falls every Tuesday evenings, but I decided to play hooky. *Double GASP* What did I end up doing with my free evening instead? Irishgirl cajoled me into going to happy hour at the local Irish pub we frequent. I tell ya, there is nothing like a nice, cold pint of beer and some buffalo wings.

Maybe I'll even live a litte tomorrow and play hooky from work. I think I feel a cold coming on.....

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sometimes you have to take some time for yourself and just unwind. I hate getting lost in work and responsibility. Make my buffalo wings crab rangoons or onion rings, and I'll join you!

Smerdyakov said...

All work and no play makes Joy a very psychotic girl.

Its good that you got out.

Jenn said...

Gasp and double gasp.

hehe

Just kidding. Sometimes you do need a break from stuff, even if it's church-related. :)

Glad you got some time to yourself just to hang out with friends.

dan said...

Hmmmm. Mental health.

Don't knock it till you've tried it...