So I'm back in the east coast. Just arrived this evening after a very long day of travel which started at 4:30 AM in San Diego and ended around 7:00 PM in Philly.
I am exhausted and feeling a myriad of emotions right now. Time spent with my family over the holidays bordered at about 10 on the intensity scale.
Tomorrow I'm back at the office and will be faced with voice mail and emails galore, along with the usual catch up with paper work after a ten day break from work.
I'm feeling so empty right now. Lonely.
Of course, in my head I know that God can fill those empty voids. But how do I believe it with my heart, which seems to be in this constant wretched state?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
i will be praying for you, joy. just meditate on Him. God bless!
I'd be interested to read a blog on the "lonely" part... by itself. problem. cause. solution. :)
Glad you got home safe with all that snow and stuff we had around here.
Or did you just wind up with rain there in Philly?
*hug*
I would also like to hear the reasons why you are feeling lonely. Of course it's amplified right now with the workload that you'll have to catch up on, but you'll make it.
Hugs
pia, thank you!
stephen and naive-no-more,
vulnerability is a scary thing. i'll think about it.
jenn,
i heard about the "snow and stuff" you new yorkers were getting. rain is what greeted me last night when i arrived. :)
Vulnerability is scary--true. However everything is scary the first time we do it. Then once you do it, vulnerability just transforms into being daring. . .
You'll be okay... Simply repeat your name back to yourself over n over again... Then do what comes to you.
Loneliness is a real emotion. I have had my share and in those times I find that I reflect on things that matter most. Family is definitely one of them.
Stephen,
I sense a double dog dare coming from you. ;)
curious,
how'd you get so smart? :)
bill,
i agree with you. family is also what matters most to me. but even with the myriad of family members who love and support me, the lonliness can still set in.
y'all are wonderful. thanks for your words of encouragement. i wish i could give each of y'all a big hug hug.
I never double-dog dare.
I always go for the gusto and triple it!
Remember, I'm a daredevil
Post a Comment