Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend with the Girls

This will be short and to the point, as it's very late and I am suffering from near exhaustion. Well, maybe not from near exhaustion, but I am pretty tired.

The weekend was full. I Went on a spontaneous mini-weekend trip up to north Jersey with Irishgirl to visit a good friend (since she works as a chaplain at a hospital, we'll call her The Rev) who just moved up there this past summer from Atlanta. She was feeling pretty lonely and a little depressed when I talked to her on early Friday evening and so I decided to drive up there for part of the weekend to cheer her up. I was able to cajole Irishgirl to drive up with me early Saturday morning for a girly mini-weekend. We arrived at The Rev's place with a nice bottle of shiraz on hand to enjoy later on in the evening, ready for a day of girliness. We ate.... shopped.....we ate some more...... watched a chick flick..........gorged on chocolate fondue.........and enjoyed the myriad of libations. By the time Saturday came to an end, we were three very "happy" and content women. Good times.

(BTW, an added note......I will be away for a work conference starting tomorrow and will be gone until Wednesday evening. Just thought I'd give you all the heads up in case y'all start wondering where on the blogosphere I've disappeared off to.)

6 comments:

clew said...

Hi Joy! HAven't visited you in a while so I thought I'd pop over and say hey. Hope your conference goes well and isn't too tedious! ;)

Sounds like a good weekend with your peeps. Wish I could have invited myself! ;D

Bougie Black Boy said...

Hmmm... Next time I'll infiltrate the "girly weekends". Me and Curious1. LOL

Joy said...

Hi clew! Good to see ya here!


bbb,
subtle hint? :D although i'm not sure if you and curious1 will be able to handle a "girly weekend" with us. lol! btw, i will most likely be heading up to nyc in february. hint...hint.... :)

Bougie Black Boy said...

February i'm all yours. When you know the dates, lemme know.

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun. Next time let us know in advance. We can be there in spirit.

Good luck at your conference. We'll be here when you get back.

Anonymous said...

just got back myself from a scheduled leave from work. hope to hear from you soon. God bless.