Sunday, January 1, 2006

Barnes & Noble and The Bowling Queen

So yesterday I decided to go shopping with HHB and FK. Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to such painful experiences.

We went to the mall, which wasn't all that bad. FK has been on a shoe hunt and to date has purchased 3 pairs of skater-type sneakers. He's such a girl. HHB was his usual hormonal self, requesting that I refrain from walking too close to him so as to not "ruin his game". Typical adolescent behavior I suppose.

Later on we stopped by my regular haunt, Barnes and Noble, so I could pick up the Ansel Adams calendar that I buy at 50% off every year after Christmas. And of course, it was another typical adventure with HHB. I must say, the nickname I've dubbed him with is truly befitting of him. As I was roaming around the bookstore, there was HHB with a smirk on his face, walking towards me. I knew he was up to something. Something no good that is.

HHB: ".....can you please buy me a book?"

Me: "What kind of book?"

HHB: "Here, let me show you."

HHB leads me to a stand of hard cover books and of course, the book that he wanted me to "purchase" for him was the "50th Anniversary Edition of Playboy". I gave him a good whack on the head.

Afterwards, when we arrived home, HHB informed me that he was flipping through the book until he discovered that another customer started giving him weird looks. The little perv.

Later on, FK, HHB, TB, and I decided to go bowling. Well, that was another adventure in and of itself. I think bowling is a great way to study human interplay. From my experience with bowling, the group I'm with is usually worked up at the beginning of the game but towards the end of the 9th or 10th frame, there usually appears to be a decline in the group's hyperactivity. But I digress. I don't want to bore you all with the details of our exiting game, however I'll just share with you all how much we each scored after our second game. But for the record, I'll have you all know that I became the Bowling Queen last night:

HHB: 102 points

FK: 70 points

TB: 87 points (with the bumpers' help)

Yours Truly: 122 points. Thank you. Thank you very much. Oh, please....y'all can stop with the applause now. Seriously. Really. Thank you.

No comments: