There appears to be a theme in the blogosphere these last two days. Individuals composing their resolutions for the new year, determined not to break them. Unfortunately the commitment factor on these resolutions are usually forgotten about halfway through January and is shoved in the back of our dressers. I know, because I am one of those individuals who've made these "half-hearted" commitments for the upcoming new year.
Nonetheless, I won't bore the blogsphere with resolutions I probably will not keep by mid-January, however I will share what my hope and expectations are for this year:
"This is what the Lord says -
He who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters.....
Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:16,18-19
He who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters.....
Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:16,18-19
2005 was an apathetic year for me and I am determined to move forward from a year that lacked in spirit and joy. Instead of looking back with regret, I am determined to move forward, with the hope and expectation that God will continue to move mightily in my life this year.
Breathe in me new life and I will give You all the glory.
Breathe in me new life and I will give You all the glory.
Happy New Year to all!

6 comments:
Amen to that! Best wishes on your journey in 2006!
"Where he leads, I will follow"!
I agree and disagree with you. I look at resolutions as goals. Goals that we all try to reach, to attain. Those of us who reach them, or come real close--great. Those of us who forget about them completely, really never wanted it in the first place. . .
Your goal should be to make it to nyc once a month and meet up with me.
hi, joy! thanks for dropping by my site. i'll add you to my links, hope you don't mind.
happy new year to you and God bless!
Stephen, that would actually be a great goal! LOL! I heart NYC, literally. Had plans to move there and attend Fordham University actually. Long story.
Shenna, great to see you here! :)
pia, thanks for posting. you're welcome to come back and visit! :)
God Bless you tons this year Joy!!
I've seen your comments on many of the blogs I visit, so I thought I would pop in and say Happy New Year to you. Look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Post a Comment