Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tired.

What an unbelievably exhausting week! My aunt and uncle, from San Diego, are in town visiting. Actually my uncle is attending a conference for work in Atlantic City, however they flew out a few days earlier so they could spend some time with me and do some sight-seeing out here in the East Coast. They flew in on Friday and we spent this past weekend in NYC. Of course, I played the ever endearing tourist guide for them. Can I just say that this particular visit to NYC was probably one of the most fun I've had at the Big Apple? Now mind you, I've spent many weekends in NYC since it's only about an hour and a half away, however this one trip with my aunt and uncle was especially enjoyable. My cousin who lives in LA was also in NYC for the weekend and so I ended up hanging out with her literally all night on Saturday.......into the wee hours of Sunday morning. Hey, what can I say? NYC is the city that never sleeps! The trip was exhausting, but enjoyable. My aunt and uncle are a hoot and so much fun to hang out with. My aunt is my mom's youngest sister and she is more like an older sister to me than an aunt - she's my favorite one out all my mom's other siblings. My aunt's husband is a perfect fit for her and is pretty hilarious. There was so much laughter over the weekend and I think that is the reason why it was so enjoyable. Oh, by the way.......did I mention that I didn't fork over any money during the entire trip? They were seriously insistent on paying for everything this weekend - hotel, food, and subway tickets. Crazy huh? Yup......I was seriously spoiled.

No comments: