Saturday, October 8, 2005

Misery, Intoxication, and Cars

What a wretched day in the east coast! It started raining last night and it continues to rain. But what is making it absolutely miserable is the humidity. The temperature over these last two days have been in the mid to upper 70's, however it's also been quite humid. It's already October for crying out loud! I want the nice, crisp, cool air to permeate through the city! When will this misery end???

On a lighter note.......It's the weekend and of course I always welcome the weekend. :) Had a friend over for dinner last night and we had a nice girly moment as we rummaged through my room for shoes, shawls and jewelry that she could use to accessorize the dress she plans to wear for her sister's wedding next week. I had a few glasses of Robert Mondavi Pinot Grigio and so I was feeling pretty "happy" last night. I have this tendency to become my roommates' source of entertainment even when I get a little inebriated. Why? I don't know. What? Did y'all think I would actually admit what I'm like even with a small amount of alcohol?

Oh, before I forget, I need to give an update on my vehicle and the whole radiator debacle. So yesterday I decided to take my car to a different garage in Jersey. The first garage I took my car to was in Philly which is located about two blocks away from my office. The Philly garage I've used to get my oil changes and the like. The Jersey garage I've also used a couple times as well. Nevertheless, the Philly garage was the one that quoted me the $525.00 to get my radiator replaced. So yesterday I decided to take my car to the garage in Jersey and do you know what the mechanic quoted me? About $350.00 plus tax!!! Now that's almost $200.00 less than what the Philly garage quoted me! Talk about highway robbery!!! Since I've gone to the Jersey garage before and know of others who go there, I knew that I could trust this mechanic. Therefore I decided to fork over the $$$, with a little help with my dear, generous brother (thanks L!) and had this garage replace the radiator. Now my stress levels have decreased enormously and I can resume with what I like to call my relatively normal life. :)

Alright, I better get going and sign off before today flies by. I need to continue working on the quilt that I plan to give my mom for Christmas. Yes......I'm having a granny moment here. Sue me.

No comments: