
Happy post-Thanksgiving Day to all! Or shall I say Happy Black Friday? Prior to posting this new entry, I read through my Thanksgiving Day post a year ago and am simply amazed with how quickly this past year has flown by. Where is time going? Nonetheless, this year was a particularly special thanksgiving, spent with close friends, and my favorite cousin in the world, AL, who flew into Philly yesterday afternoon from Vancouver. We gobbled down some turkey and satiated ourselves with a variety of side dishes, along with some nice French red wine that AirForceGuy brought to go with dinner. So, without futher ado, here is a pictorial account of Thanksgiving dinner held at mine and Irishgirl's place.
IrishGirl and my cousin, AL, appearing to do some last minute preparations in our very tiny kitchen. Although I'm thinking that Irishgirl looks like she's doing a little "preparing" of her own, if you get my drift.

AirForceGuy carving the turkey. His presence seems to take over our very tiny kitchen, doesn't it?

Me and my partner in Black-Friday-Shopper-in- crime, AL, before dinner. Last night we had this great idea of waking up at some ungodly hour to hit the Black Friday sales this morning. She was awake by 3:30 AM, while I woke up at 4 AM. While it may seem like we're hardcore shoppers, we really aren't. We did it just for a good story to tell. Really. We did. If anything else, we had a lot of good laughs this morning!

Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the gang. Obviously, I'm not in this picture since I'm the one taking it. Funny how this picture looks quite similar to the dinner party I held for my Geographical Orphan pals back in September. Like the Rothko on the wall? ;)

AL looking stuffed. AirforceGuy engaged in some conversation. SeminaryBoy and IrishTeacher viewing their digital camera. And finally, my empty plate next to IrishTeacher's.

Post-Thanksgiving dinner consumption. IrishGirl enjoying her white wine, which AirforceGuy brought all the way from Turkey.
So there you have it. Thanksgiving Dinner with my mish-mash of close friends and my favorite cousin in the world. I won't delve into the usual "I'm thankful for" list, however I will share that I am so thankful for my family away from my family. These are my precious friends whom I treasure greatly and I am incredibly thankful that God has placed them in my life out here in the east coast for this season in my life.
I am so unquestionably blessed.


7 comments:
SOunds like a great day--how was the turkey?
Happy Thanksgiving girl! We are a few steps ahead of you in this department. Must mean we are more thankful! Tee hee hee!!!
Amers-
The turkey turned out GREAT!!! Thanks for the tips. You ROCK!
dickie chick-
few steps ahead of us in this department? :P
Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My family is back home in NC so we just had dinner with us and the kids (and Oldest brought his girlfriend...which means we're getting old enough for our kids to bring SO's. WOW.) Definately blessed here as well.
Happy Thanksgiving Joyce! I heard you got some great sales during Black Friday! I hope you didnt have to line up too long in the cold. Is that deep fried turkey I see??
Hey if I flew out to Philly will I get the same dealio?
Seriously - can those boys be there too?
I'm single now and I have nothing stopping me! Consider this your first warning Joy!
xoxox
very sexy friends! I may have to visit you!
Post a Comment