I have this print hanging on the hallway in my place and every time I look at it, I am constantly struck by the colorful solidarity these Indian women are displaying. The sand storm that's about to happen upon them gives the picture an almost ethereal, yet airy quality to it. I love it.
Thursday, November 9, 2006
My Favorite Things #5 (?)
I have literally been such a lazy-ass blogger in this last week or so. My excuse? The boob tube. While I'm not a huge TV junkie, this week has been one for the record books. In the last two evenings, I've spent a total of almost eight hours watching TV. *GASP!!* Iowagirl would be proud. As a result, this blog has obviously suffered. And I still haven't posted pictures from my trip to France like I said I would! It will happen....one of these days. Nonetheless, I shall leave you all with one of my favorite photojournalists' work - "Women in a Dust Storm" by Steve McCurry and has been deemed as one of My Favorite Things:
I have this print hanging on the hallway in my place and every time I look at it, I am constantly struck by the colorful solidarity these Indian women are displaying. The sand storm that's about to happen upon them gives the picture an almost ethereal, yet airy quality to it. I love it.
I have this print hanging on the hallway in my place and every time I look at it, I am constantly struck by the colorful solidarity these Indian women are displaying. The sand storm that's about to happen upon them gives the picture an almost ethereal, yet airy quality to it. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hi, joy! i'm finally back. i've missed you! (((HUGS)))
hey how are things over there in jersey?
hey pia,
kamusta ka?? :)
bougie,
things are fine in jersey. busy, all is going well. looks like you and curious have been hosting "Spoken Word" events in Brooklyn quite a bit. i keep getting your e-vites and i really need to take the train up one of these days to attend one of your events. hey, what about coming into philly one of these days? :)
Post a Comment