10-7-06
This is so surreal! Am I really here in France? From the time I awoke yesterday morning in Jersey to our arrival here in our hotel, it all felt like a blur. And now I am going to explore this amazing city tonight! Pinch me, I feel like I'm in a dream.

10-8-06
Have I already mentioned how surreal it still feels, being here in France? As we climbed up la Tour Eiffel yesterday, feeling like I was in a movie set, I had that famous song from Casablanca running through my head...
"You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by."


10-9-06
We are at this moment on the the train heading south towards Cahors, about a five hour train ride from Paris. Our final stop is the town of Luzech, which is approximately 20 minutes away from Cahors. We plan to spend the next few days in a house we are renting in Luzech and I look forward to some down time while we are down there. Ada and Kara missed the train (we think) and so it's just Ami, Angie, Naron, and I. Nothing like adding a little spice onto our adventure, huh? I'm sitting next to this very attractive French guy - bright blue eyes, tussled sandy brown hair. Of course I tried to engage him in conversation - in French of course - but I guess he wasn't too impressed with my North American accent. Baaah, he seemed a little snotty anyways. For the most part, my experience with French people, especially Parisians, has been fairly positive. It's been pretty amusing, my attempts at speaking French - those six years of French classes have finally paid off! (Along with the handy French phrase book I purchased at SeaTac airport last weekend. Hehehe!)

10/10/06 - Midnight
It's been an interesting and stressful day. We arrived safely here in Luzech late this afternoon, but not without a few mishaps. Helene, the owner of the house we're renting, did not write down her house number on the packet she gave us. We were in the correct vicinity of the house, but we did not know which house it was due to the fact that we did not know the house number. Our taxi driver was totally unimpressed. Helene's friends, an English couple who live on the other side of town, whose phone number we had, drove over and rescued us. It turned out that we were standing right across the street from the house. Yeah, we felt like fools. Helene's friends, Geoff and Sue, are a retired couple who've been living in France for the last few years. They've taken us under their wings and have been incredibly gracious and providing us a wealth of information of the region. They even lent us their bikes so we could explore the surrounding towns!!!
More pics of Luzech.....


It's late and I'm half asleep, therefore I will have to say - to be continued...
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by."

Walking along the "la Rive Sienne" was breathtaking and catching a glimpse of Parisian nightlife was only but a taste of what I know is going to be a delicious city.....I am completely smitten!

10-9-06
We are at this moment on the the train heading south towards Cahors, about a five hour train ride from Paris. Our final stop is the town of Luzech, which is approximately 20 minutes away from Cahors. We plan to spend the next few days in a house we are renting in Luzech and I look forward to some down time while we are down there. Ada and Kara missed the train (we think) and so it's just Ami, Angie, Naron, and I. Nothing like adding a little spice onto our adventure, huh? I'm sitting next to this very attractive French guy - bright blue eyes, tussled sandy brown hair. Of course I tried to engage him in conversation - in French of course - but I guess he wasn't too impressed with my North American accent. Baaah, he seemed a little snotty anyways. For the most part, my experience with French people, especially Parisians, has been fairly positive. It's been pretty amusing, my attempts at speaking French - those six years of French classes have finally paid off! (Along with the handy French phrase book I purchased at SeaTac airport last weekend. Hehehe!)

10/10/06 - Midnight
It's been an interesting and stressful day. We arrived safely here in Luzech late this afternoon, but not without a few mishaps. Helene, the owner of the house we're renting, did not write down her house number on the packet she gave us. We were in the correct vicinity of the house, but we did not know which house it was due to the fact that we did not know the house number. Our taxi driver was totally unimpressed. Helene's friends, an English couple who live on the other side of town, whose phone number we had, drove over and rescued us. It turned out that we were standing right across the street from the house. Yeah, we felt like fools. Helene's friends, Geoff and Sue, are a retired couple who've been living in France for the last few years. They've taken us under their wings and have been incredibly gracious and providing us a wealth of information of the region. They even lent us their bikes so we could explore the surrounding towns!!!
More pics of Luzech.....


It's late and I'm half asleep, therefore I will have to say - to be continued...
4 comments:
Isn't France so romantic?
These are some lovely photos btw.
Luzech looks like the setting of a fairy tale. I don't think I'd have wanted to leave. Thanks for sharing the photos.
LOVE the photos girl! It all makes me want to be there RIGHT NOW!!!
Wow, I'm surprised you actually came back :)
Post a Comment