Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yeah....Yeah...

I know it's been a while since I've posted. You can blame the new pup. ;) Seriously, I feel like I am taking care of a human toddler. Really. This last week has consisted of making sure Georgie doesn't chew my roommate and I out of the house, cleaning up after she pees on the carpet and hardwood floor, puppy cries, puppy training, and of course making sure she gets loads of attention. While I've helped to care for dogs in the past, taking care of your own is an experience on another level. As challenging and frustrating it can be at times, especially when you spend about 10 minutes in the backyard encouraging her to go "potty" and then come back in the house only to have her pee all over the floor within two minutes, I'd have to say that joy abounds exceedingly.

4 comments:

Spin_Doc1 said...

You are too funny! I feel your pain. Meadow is house broke but it took a while. This is my third puppy and I can offer this bit of advise, pig ears and raw hides are the best. Oh and if your dog will swim take them swimming it knocks them out for the rest of the day.

i used to be me said...

The thing that saved me from insanity when housebreaking Scout was putting in a doggie door. She pretty much trained herself after we did that. And Spinner is right about rawhide and pig ears for helping with the chewing while they're teething. Good luck!

Joy said...

Spinner and ug-
Thanks for the tips! I figured out that spending loads of time outside helps. The fresh air really knocks her out. Also, my next door neighbor has a puggle, with whom she plays with on an almost daily basis and so running around and roughousing it with the puggle knocks her out as well! :)

Pia said...

Hi Joy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Its great to find new friends in the blogosphere. Good luck in your potty training and puppy training adventures! Take care!