Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Joshie Part II

Alright, alright.....I know I really suck for leaving y'all hanging from my previous post. So sorry. Life just kind of got in the way over these last few weeks. *sigh*

So here's the story......

Yep, I saw Josh Groban for FREE in concert a few weeks ago and you all are probably wondering how Frenchgirl and I got in for FREE, right? Well, we just batted our eye lashes at the security guard and he let us in. ;) My co-worker and I are quite "smitten" with Josh Groban, purely for his voice mind you, and when we heard that he was performing at the Wachovia Center in Philly, we knew that we had to somehow get into that concert. Tickets ranged between $120 - $200 and being the poor social workers that we are, we did not want to fork out that kind of money for the concert. So I came up with this grand plan of arriving at the concert after it started, with hopes of buying discounted tickets at the box office. So when the blessed event came upon us, we drove out to the WC. The parking attendant even let us park for FREE when we arrived and so we even saved about $15 in parking! He waved us in and told us that we could park for free since we were so late for the concert. Pretty sweet huh? There was a security guard when we entered the Wachovia Center who asked for our tickets. When we told him we wanted to buy tickets from the box office, he informed us that the box office had closed. I thought he was going to ask us to leave at that point, but instead he told us that since the concert was already half-way over, we could just walk in and look for seats as long as we didn't bother people who were already there. Pretty incredible huh? We ended up just standing because it was a full house, however the area we watched the concert from was awesome. We were standing on the level just above floor seating with a center stage view. It was SWE-ET! I didn't care that we missed half of the concert, just as long as I had the chance to see him perform live. The concert was awesome and Josh's voice is nothing short of amazing! Next time Josh comes to town, I think I may have to fork out the money to see the entire concert. *sigh*

Peace out.

1 comment:

Spin_Doc1 said...

jmztqThat is a great idea! The whole showing up late thing on the off chance that it will be free.