Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Here We Go Again...

It feels like yesterday that I was back home, visiting my family in Vancouver. Oh, wait a minute, I was. Actually, that was more like almost a month ago. Crazy how time just flies, doesn't it? It's a little after 2AM and I just finished packing. Tell me, how is it that it took me almost two hours to pack my small luggage for a four day trip?

On second thought, don't.

I will be boarding United Airlines, Flight #____ in approximately 14 hours, with two hour layover in Chicago's O'Hare. Lovely. I just love O'Hare. I love how Chicago's schizophrenic weather results in many flight delays. I also love how Chicago's penchant for storms result in many flights being re-routed to neighboring airports. So convenient for travellers. Don't mind the sarcasm. I just hope I arrive into Vancouver on time.

I am certifiably exhausted but at the same time wired, which is probably the reason why I am up at this insane hour blogging away. It takes me a while to unwind and at this time I really don't feel like my usual nightly routine of reading a book. I think, however, what I really need right at this moment is for Jesus to come and meeet me in this exhausted state that I'm in. What was that promise He made in Matthew 11? "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Work through my stubborn heart, Lord Jesus, and help me find rest in my soul.......

2 comments:

clew said...

Hi JOY!

I've been away from blogging for a while (overwhelmed by life) and am just making some rounds to say hi to some old friends. How've you been? Hope to be back blogging soon and I'll be back HERE soon to catch up.

Missed you!

xxxooo Clew

Anonymous said...

At LEAST you didn't fly into Pearson airport - because then your flight gets delayed, or you lose your luggage, OR you miss the plane because of all the construction that's going on and you've missed the shuttle bus that takes you to the appropriate wing to catch your flight, which is now heldover. dammit.
Yep, I prefer O'Hare anyday over Toronto.
Well I am glad your trip home was fun - do you have more wedding photos? Or maybe I need to scoot over to your bro's blog.

Hope you are well Joy!
xoxo Heather