Friday, March 23, 2007

Dickie Chick!

Wha-at? Two posts in one week? Un-freakin-believable! What can I say...I'm feeling somewhat ambitious. Although, one of my motive for posting is a result from a scolding from my pal, The Rev, this past weekend. While you never see her comment on my posts, The Rev is one of my ever so faithful readers and she has conveyed her frustration with me everytime she opens up my blog, only to find the same post from two weeks ago. Her initial response? "DAMMIT JOY!" So with all that to say, here it is, a new post written merely days after the previous one.

Go me.

My ol' college pal, Dickie Chick , came out here to the East Coast for an extended weekend visit with me. Since it was her first time out here, I gave her the grand tour of some of my favorite places. We hung out in NYC for two full days and traipsed through some of my favorite places in Philly. Despite the sleet, snow, and sub-zero weather we experience last weekend, we still managed to have a wonderful time and a lot of laughs.

So, what did we NOT do in NYC? It was Dickie Chick's first time visiting the Big Apple, therefore we had to take in all of the major sights (WE, meaning myself, Dickie Chick, and The Rev):

Photo opps at the top of the Empire State Building.
Windy. Messy hair. Smiles.
Walking through sleet covered sidewalks to Times Square.
Attempts for rush tickets. Failed.
Carnegie Deli Pastrami's and Knishes. Yum.
Columbia University. Fleeting thoughts of IvyLeague Boy. I was fine.
Met up with Jenny.
Starbucks. Photos of random boots.
Bob.
Greenwich Village. The Olive Tree. I love Israeli salads.
Train rides.
Statue of Liberty from afar.
Hot Dog Stands.
Ground Zero. Rebuilding.
Canal Street. China Town.
Metro Cards.
Grand Central Station.
Rockefellar Center. NBC.
FAO Schwarz. BIG piano.


And what did we do in Philly?

Elphreths Alley.
Glimpses of Besty Ross's abode.
Society Hill.
Pat's King of Steaks. Need I say more? (THE original Philly Cheesesteak!)
PJ buffalo wings.
The Italian Market. Cheap crabs.
Philadelphia Art Museum. Rocky. Chilean boy. Cute Chilean boy.
Rocky statue. What a stud.

I dropped off Dickie Chick at Newark International Airport this past Tuesday and life as I know it has resumed back to a semblance of normalcy. As tiring as it was, exploring the city, staying up all night chatting and watching movies, I really treasured all this time I had with Dickie Chick instead of the usual one or two hour spurts that we get whenever I am in the West Coast for a visit. It's late and I better hit the sack. I still need to catch up with all the sleep I lost from this last week!

Mwah's to Dickie Chick!!! I'll be waiting for those photos!

4 comments:

Dickie Chick said...

Yeah yeah yeah Joyce!!! It was such a great time hangin' with you on the East Coast! I treasured every moment! Thanks again for such a vonderbar time! I will try to post those pics soon ... it really is a lot of work, but I am slowly chipping away at it. Hopefully soon!

love ya girl!!

Anonymous said...

!!!!

Joy, will you take me on this very same tour someday?

xoxo

Joy said...

heather!!!
if this is my heggie, then tell me the phrase of endearment we coined in high school....hint, hint, think chopsticks! mwah!

Fiona said...

Hi Joyce. I'm outting myself as a reader of your blog. Dickie Chick left a comment on my blog telling me that she was out your way and met Irishgirl who told her she knew me. Small world, hey? I remember hearing your name a lot when I was in Camden (only good things) and now through Irishgirl who I talk to occassionally. It's been fun reading through your blog and "getting to know you." Hope it's ok if I pop by every once in awhile.