Wednesday, July 19, 2006

French Dream

So here's the deal. An office mate of mine, CATTSgirl, who works in a different department but sits in the cubicle behind me is planning a trip to France in October with her sister and several other friends. CATTSgirl invited me to join them on this trip and in the last few weeks I've been hemming and hawing over my decision. Travelling to France, exploring the city of Paris, roaming around the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay, taking in the Notre Dame and attempting to use my feeble knowledge of the French language with Parisian natives has always been one of my dreams. CATTSgirl and her sister found a house just outside of Paris, owned by a woman who lives in the Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia. At different times of the year, this woman rents out her house to tourists for a very reasonable price. CATTSgirl and I calculated the cost for the week we would stay and the result was that we would only have to pay approximately $91.00 each for the week. Unbelievable. And the crazy thing is, CATTSgirl's brother-in-law apparently has this business account hook-up where we could probably purchase airline tickets at two for the price of one. Yeah, I'm kind of drooling here. But...

I'm a little uncertain.

Why?

Because CATTSgirl will be the only one I will know who is going on this trip and I am a little wary of what the group dynamics will be like. I've been told that the others who are going are fun, easygoing people - much like myself ;) - but I am still a little anxious about it. Nonetheless, we're talking about PARIS here. And the cost is too good to pass up this opportunity.

So why then am I hesitating?

6 comments:

Dickie Chick said...

Ummm ... ok ... so why are you hesitating? Hello, France, as if!!Could be the chance of a lifetime! I am envious girl. Taking her up on the opportunity could be a cool thing. That's just me talking though, you have to do what your heart tells ya to do.

Spin_Doc1 said...

Paris is my favorite city!!! I spent an entire month there once and loved every minute of it. If you go I will give you some insider advice that will make your trip even better.

i used to be me said...

take me with

Ranni said...

Wow, what a deal! I'd go just because it's too good to pass up. Can you bring someone you know along or did you say they only had one spot open?

Joy said...

shari bari,
AS IF!!! Famous words coming from you. I almost forgot. Heh. I need to call you very soon so that we can play catch up. How's little "O" doing? BTW, you will always rock this side of the galaxy! ;)

spin_doc1-
for sure!!! i'd love your insider's tips if i decide to go on this trip.

ijm,
it does sound perfect, don't it?

ug-
meet me at the louvre. :D

noname-
i think they only have one more spot open for me. nonetheless, i'm fairly confident with my abilities in befriending people. if it doesn't work with this group, then i am perfectly content exploring paris on my own. i may even take a day or two and take the train out to london to visit a friend! that is, if i decide to go. ;)

Jessica said...

I have seen your Blog... It’s too informative. There are many posts which are really too Good and very useful.