Over the last few days I've been fairly sick, thus, neglecting my blog and my few, but faithful readers. I took a sick day yesterday and this morning I went to the doctor's office, where I discovered having a lovely temperature of over a hundred. Consequently, I took another sick day today. Tomorrow morning before heading off to work I plan to go get my blood drawn so my doctor can figure out what's going on with me. The last few weeks have been frustrating because I haven't had much energy to do anything extra such as exercising. It's been almost two weeks since I've gone running and I am afraid that it's going to be torturous once I start up again.
So this past Saturday I had my very own Betty Crocker moment, as my roommate, we'll call her Irishgirl, and I decided to do some Christmas baking. I suppose you can say that this was done in the "spirit" of Christmas giving as the cookies and other baked goods we made are to be given away to friends, co-workers, and family. We literally baked all day.
All.
Day.
I won't bore you all with the details of what was made, however one of the things we made were gingerbread people. Not just gingerbread men, but people. Male and female. Hey, what can I say, I have both male and female shaped cookie cutters for gingerbread people. Yes, it is rather unfortunate that I would actually admit owning these cookie cutters. What's even sadder is that Irishgirl and I spent the rest of Saturday evening decorating these gingerbread people. Our other two roommates (let's call them Iowagirl and PAgirl) entered the kitchen to discover Irishgirl and I bent over our gingerbread people with our makeshift pastry bags, made from zip-loc baggies, filled with icing of a colorful variety. Of course, this resulted in much amusement for Iowagirl and PAgirl for the rest of the evening. The whole set up was so hilarious for them that they decided to capture it all by taking some photographs. Fortunately, most of the pictures were taken by Iowagirl's cell phone camera. Sorry folks, I guess y'all are gonna have to miss out on some lovely photos. :) Needless to say, Irishgirl and I finished decorating our gingerbread people around midnight.
And I wonder why I'm still single.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Whew. When you first said "male and female" gingerbread people, I was thinking "anatomically correct" as opposed to gender specific cutters.
LOL! I had a feeling that some some would think of it as in anatomical terms. But I figured they'd be the ones whose minds are in the gutter. ;)
Thanks again for all the Christmas cookies - they were awesome! I especially liked the personalized gingerbread person you made for me... I must say, the resemblance was quite stunning. Using just a bag of icing you managed to capture that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that I possess. LOL :)
Anyway, with your baking skills it's a wonder that you're still single!
mwah!
You are funny.....thanks for sharing
I'm glad the cookies were delectable 'Ris. So.......are we heading out to NYC this Saturday or what? :)
Bill,
Glad to be your source of entertainment. :D
Post a Comment