Sunday, December 25, 2005

Isaiah's Prophecy

"For unto us a son is born,
unto us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful counselor, Mighy God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne and over
his kingdom, establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever."
Isaiah 9: 6,7

It's Christmas morning and here I sit in my aunt and uncle's living room in San Diego reflecting upon the beauty of why we are celebrating this season and determined not to let the trimmings , presents, and parties replace the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus was born, Hallelujah! And because of His birth we are free from Death. The power in Isaiah's prophesy never ceases to astound me and each time I read it, I see the love, hope, and joy infused in the passage.

Well, the rest of the household is stirring and so I must draw this post to a close. I think family time is deemed to be an important part of this season. ;)

May you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with the joy and peace that only comes from knowing Christ!!

5 comments:

Larissa said...

merry christmas joycie!
hope you are having a great time in s.d.
love laris

Joy said...

ris!
thanks girlfriend! having fun in the wintery weather of the 'peg? *hugs*

clew said...

Hi Joy! Just browsing through (I've seen you on a few blogs I visit so I thought I'd pop over and say hi)

I design my own Christmas cards and Isaiah 9:6 is the scripture I used on them this year :)

I hope you had a lovely time with your family! I'll visit again! :)

Joy said...

hey clew! welcome to my blogworld! look forward to seeing you again! :)

Bill said...

It is so easy to lose sight of who and why we celebrate. Thank you for the reminder.