Black Monday Conformist
Okay, so here I am joining the thousands upon thousands who daily log on to their blog spots and jot down their inner most thoughts and feelings. Seeing that this is my very first entry, I feel this pressure to type out something profound and thought provoking. But I digress. The thing is, I am a *gasp* virgin blogger *gasp* (hurry, cover your eyes!) and therefore am quite perplexed with setting up my blog page. I suppose I' will learn and discover as I go along.
Ironically enough, today is February 14th - what I like to affectionately call "Black Monday". A few years ago, Valentine's day fell on a Sunday and so I had a "Black Sunday" party where all my friends who attended the party had to wear all black. Ahh, the memories! I went to Wal-Mart this evening after my run, to see if I could find a stockpile of left-over, discounted Valentine's chocolate to give to my roomates. Dag, I am so freakin' cheap and sad! But wouldn't you know, it was all sold out?? I mean, c'mon people! Why does Valentine's day have to be the ONE day where you celebrate and show your love towards each other? I tell ya, it's another marketing guise to rip off the consumer. Am I bitter? Probably.
Nuff said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ooh, a virgin. do you feel broken in yet?
LOL! Somewhat, but I'll let you know when I've joined the ranks of "de-virginized" bloggers. ;)
Post a Comment