Thursday, February 24, 2005

MOM, DAD AND GOD: But Not In Any Particular Order

So as I was heading off to bed, I felt this pull towards my laptop and write an entry in here. Of course, it has been about a week since my last entry. I'd like to use the excuse of "I was sick with a sinus infection/cold", but somehow that sounds a little lame. Consequently, I'd have to blame it on sheer laziness. There you have it folks. I am a self-proclaimed lazy-ass blogger! Nice huh?

Have I mentioned at all how sick I am of snow at the moment? OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD IN THIS WORLD! February is almost over and we're still getting the white stuff! I'm a little annoyed because as I was driving home from work earlier this evening, I nearly got into a car accident! Going down a steep hill, I started to slide towards a light post. All I could say was "Lord! Lord! Lord!" - that was essentially my prayer for help and the uncanny thing was, my car hit the curb and stopped right after I cried those words. It's great to know that God isn't too picky with how we articulate ourselve to Him. We could cry out the most incoherent and unintelligible words and He would still comprehend what we were talking about. I guess God doesn't look at grammar and diction so much as He looks at the heart huh?

My parents booked their flight this week to come visit me here in the east coast. I've been living here for almost five years and this is the first time they're flying out to visit. Of course, they're staying for ten days since they want to play tourist and see all the nearby cities. And guess who gets to play tourist guide? Yours truly. Not that I mind, it's just the fact that I will be with mom and dad for almost 10 days straight. I love them both dearly, however I am a little worried that my mom and I will end up strangling each other by the end of those 10 days. She and I are so much alike, it's not even funny. You know how most of us, as teenagers, make that vow to never become like our parents? HA! That declaration is almost too laughable because ironically enough, like it or not, most of us do end up taking on many of our parents' characteristics! I think I have a fairly good handle on who I am and it's almost scary to see how much I am like my mother; although, I'd like to think that I've acquired most of her positive traits, however I'm sure that some of the negative traits are deeply imbedded inside of me somewhere. My dad, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of my mom. He has this very calm demeanor to him and losing his temper is a rarity. Dad's a pretty level headed guy and all in all, a great father. Two halarious quirks about dad are his propensity to laugh at his own jokes (even when none of us are laughing) and his tendency to go on at great lengths to talk about his three loves: sports, history, and politcs. As much as I'd love to go on about my parents' quirks and idiosyncrases, I think I better stop here and hit the sack.

It's still snowing outside. God?

No comments: