Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sacred In The Ordinary - Part 2

1. A long conversation with my dearest friend, Helen, who inspires and challenges me. She is an incredible mother full of grace and much love for those around her. She is my biggest cheerleader and my best friend.

2. Wednesday "Lost" nights with Kim and Bethany. Tonight was an especially sweet time of fellowship as we shared a meal together before the show and exchanged knitting tips. Yes, we are a bunch of old ladies!

3. A memory of my very first mission trip to Tijuana, Mexico when I was 16 years old. "Serve '89", what a life-changing experience.

4. Sharing my M&M's with my crazy cubicle mate, Roy, who has the most impeccable timing in making me roll with laughter with his crazy antics. It always comes at a time when I am most stressed and in need of an outlet.

5. Finally receiving in the mail the cookbook I ordered from half.com, Super Natural Cooking, by Heidi Swanson. My friend Becky has this cookbook and while I was visiting her in Chicago, we made many a meal from this cookbook. I can't wait to try some of the great recipes from this cookbook!

2 comments:

Pia said...

hi joy. i'm so glad to be back blogging. just a quick announcement. i have a new web addy. i also have a giveaway - my first ever. hope to see you there. =D

Unknown said...

Hey Joy! What an awesome reminder of how to find God's grace in the simplest and most overlooked aspects of our lives. It's beautiful how you give Him the credit where others may not see his influence and presence. Thank you for writing this!