Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sacred In The Ordinary - Part 3

1. Sharing a bottle of red wine with close friends, Iowagirl and Irishgirl. I had two and a half glasses of red wine and they insisted that I was a bit "happy". Not. :D

2. Loud and raucous laughter with said close friends.

3. Close friends who take an interest in yours trulys love life. Or shall we say, lack of a love life? Irishgirl and Iowagirl signed me up on Christian Cafe. Oh. Joy. Nonetheless, I must say that these two crazy women are my lifelines and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

4. When you're living and working in the city, parking is one hot commodity. Especially at my office. Fortunately my office has some parking spaces, although limited, they ARE spaces where social workers can park for FREE. The thing about these parking spaces, in order to grab a spot close to the office building, I would need to arrive at the office before 9:00 AM. Or else I would have to park at the parking lot two blocks away (which is almost always full!) or drive circles around the vicinity in order to find a parking spot. The latter is most frustrating, especially when the only available spots are meter parking. And naturally the longest you can stay parked at a meter parking spot is abut 4 hours. Which brings up another issue...I mean, who carries enough quarters to feed the meter so you can park for four hours? But I digress. So yesterday I arrived at the office around 9:30 AM and lo and behold.....I found an empty parking spot right next to my office building!!! RIGHT NEXT TO IT!!! Now that's what I call sacred! :)

5. A scrumptious dinner out with my sweet Irish friend, Laura, at the Olive Garden where we only had to pay $12 for a $35 dinner because of the gift card I received last November for being social worker of the month at my job. :D

No comments: