Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years Ago.....

I can remember the morning of 9/11 all too clearly and the chaos it incited all over the east coast. It was around the time of my "one year anniversary" of living out here in the east coast. I remember sitting on my bed late that night, listening to the traffic going over the Ben Franklin Bridge, located behind my house, and wondering if the terrorists had plans to bomb the bridge. This bridge was apparently a target and so I was somewhat paranoid that it would explode in the middle of the night while I was asleep. But with all that said, as I sat on my bed late that night I penned down my thoughts, prayers, and feelings in my journal about what transpired on that fateful day.

September 11, 2001

I really don't know where to start. Words cannot even being to express the grief I am feeling over this catastrophe. All I can ask is why? This day will definitely go down in history and I need to somehow record it: my thoughts, my feelings, and my reaction.

When Judy came into the library this morning at UrbanPromise, anouncing that 2 commercial jet liners flew right into the twin towers, I was stunned. Then panic set in that I didn't know what to do. All of us staff at UrbanPromise were all shocked. We all crowded into the library, watching CNN - the horrific chaos. Then the news of two other hijacked planes crashing: one at the Pentagon and the other just outside of Pittsburgh. Oh Lord, the monstrosity of this event has affected this whole nation. Have mercy on this country Oh God. Have mercy on the families who lost their loved ones on the plane, in the World Trade Center, and at the Pentagon. Father, I believe your hand is in the midst of this chaos. I know in my hear that you have a greater purpose for all that has transpired in the last 16 hours. I pray for the safekeeping of this nation. I pray for this nation's leaders as they decide on what measures to take. I commit to you President Bush as he takes on the enormity of this terrorist attack. Please give him wisdom and I pray that he will turn to you in this time of need.

Father I have hope in You and a peace that you will turn this around for your glory.

Remember. Always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

911 brings back sad memories for so many people. may God continue to heal and comfort the families of those left by the people who perished in the 911 terrorist attack.