Saturday, February 17, 2007
My Beloved East Coast?
I arrived back to the East Coast in the wee small hours of Wednesday morning. The trip back had it's potential for traveler's hell, but thanks to the Delta Airlines agent, I was able to make it back to the East Coast all in one piece. The trip home was a good one, albeit a tad too long, it was great spending time with my parents, my crazy brother, his fiance, my cousins, goddaughters, and close friends. While I adore my family and friends in the West Coast, I really have come to consider the East Coast as "home". While hanging out with a group of great girlfriends from my church this evening, I was given this sense of peace and belonging, knowing that my place here in the East Coast was "right". These girls, my "sisters", have become a precious part of this season of my life and I am so thankful that we can share this adventure of the single life together. God really knew what He was doing when he placed this "laid-back" West Coaster amongst these crazy East Coast urban dwellers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Joyce ... I'm so glad that you are back "home" safe and sound. It was so wonderful to see you while you were out - and more than once. I loved that... I loved our visits and craziness with my wee, slightly emotionally spastic girl, and mostly just hangin. Looking forward to more when I come out your way.
You know it truly is amazing where your heart can lay. It must feel like a bit of a tug-a-war with your heart sometimes when it comes to where "home" is. Although "home" will always be where you grew up, it also can find new places in your heart to grow more and more beloved. I am so thankful for you that you have found that out in the East Coast! Friendships are such a treasured thing. God is good!!!
Love ya girl!
I sure am glad you are loving the east coast! Work wouldn't be the same without you!
Post a Comment