It's late and I really ought to be in bed but I'm feeling a little wired. Today was one of those 11 hour days at work; got home at around 9:30 PM since I had to give a training tonight to prospective foster parents and adoptive parents. Six more Tuesdays to go. I've been in a bit of a funk over these last few days. There are, of course, reasons for said funk, of which I do not wish to write about in here. While I have written about some of my strange habits in this blog, I think it would be wise for me to err on caution and work stuff out on my own instead of publicly blabbing my business for all the blogosphere to see. Nonetheless, with all that said... after talking with a good friend the other day about my current circumstance, some of the things she said to me triggered this thought:
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it’s shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
Hebrews 12:2,3
I've probably read and glossed over this particular passage many times but have not truly thought about how it applies to my life. Sure, I know I need to keep my focus on Christ, but what does it mean to truly fix my eyes on Jesus? I often wonder where my heart is and how the distractions of this world keep me from "fixing my eyes on Him". Work, friends, family, relationships, music, movies, running, the future and the list could probably go on and on. My desire is for holiness but of course I do stupid things and thus "perfector of my faith" is unable to perfect my faith. I think my faith will be a perpetual work in progress until I finally reach eternity. So with all that said, I will "consider Jesus". He, who endured opposition from sinful men so that I do not grow weary and lose heart. I will CONSIDER Him, so that I do not grow weary and so that I do not lose heart. If I fix my eyes on Him, how could I miss His leading?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i'll be in Indiana, Pennsylvania at IUP.
Post a Comment