Thursday, April 21, 2011

maundy thursday


Prayer For The Day
(taken from Liberti Church's lentbook 2011)

Almighty Father, whose dear Son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the Sacrament of his Body and Blood: Mercifully grant that we may receive it thankfully in remembrance of Jesus Christ our Lord, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life; and who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.  Amen.

....and so I grieve as I remember the suffering and death of Jesus.  Inimitable Grace for all.  But in this grief, I also remember that Sunday's a comin'...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this Joy. It is interesting how it seemed like no one I knew had any idea what Maundy Thursday was until this year, and now I've had all kinds of people ask me if I'd ever heard of it.

Weird! Happy Easter sistah!