Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Sunday

It's been an emotionally charged weekend, starting Friday night as I helped the Bradford family, along with about 40-50 other people from liberti, load the truck with boxes and furniture.    On Saturday morning I was back at their house, to say a final goodbye before their drive down south.  What a somber morning it was in church as I felt the empty void, left by a family loved so dearly by Liberti  church.  My eyes welled with tears during worship as I thought of the finality of it all and the transition that liberti will be going through over this next year.

Transition.  A word I have despised, especially over the last three years as I've undergone through many difficult transitions in my life.  Even as I type this entry, I am in the midst of transition (something that is totally separate from what's happening at liberti) and I am so sick and tired of it.  I am aching for the day when I don't have to face perpetual change, when I don't have to say goodbye to dear friends who move away, and when I can finally feel rooted in one place.  I know that probably will not happen until I reach heaven.  But for now, I can only trust and hope.  Trust in God's sovereignty and goodness.  And hope in that one day I will finally feel rooted in one place.

No comments: