1. So Philly was walloped by a nor'easter last Sunday night, which lasted into Monday. We apparently got about 4-6 inches of snow. It's funny how the entire city shuts down when it snows and people stay in from work because of their fear of driving in the snow. I was one apparent "crazy" ones who braved the roads and drove into the office. My job is about a 5 minute drive from my place and I didn't think the roads weren't going to be all that bad; all I had to do is drive really slowly and cautiously. I arrived at the office safely around 9:30 AM and there were many a parking spots right next to our building!
2. The reason why there was so many available parking spots at work was because there only about 10 of us brave souls who drove into work. Yes, we are committed social workers. :) Nevertheless, it was actually really nice to work in a very quiet office that day. No distractions and no phones ringing off the hook.
3. Driving home from a client’s home last Wednesday, my car suddenly decided to break down in the middle of the 95. So lovely. What’s even lovelier is that my Triple A membership expired not to long ago and I kept putting off renewing it. Smart, huh? Nonetheless, my good friend, Iowagirl, came to the rescue with her Triple A card and a ride home. The tow truck came and towed my car to the garage.
4. The reason why my car decided to break down was because the timing belt needed to be replaced. So I am $470 poorer, but at least my car is safe to drive.
5. Phone calls from my younger cousin, Hormone Happy Boy (remember him?), checking up on me. This kid makes me laugh with his crazy antics. I love him to pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment