Last week I ordered this book from Westminster Seminary online and I just received it via UPS this afternoon.

The author, Charles D. Drew, is senior minister of Emmanuel Presbyterian Church in New York City. A friend of mine who has been reading this book raved about it and so I decided to order it. Interesting that the author is Charlie Drew because I had an encounter with him a few years ago when I was going through a really dark time in my life. It was just a conversation through the phone, however it was pivotal in my recovery from a broken heart. I will never forget that afternoon, sitting in my roommate's bedroom all by myself, surrounded by Haagen -Daz chocolate ice cream, potato chips and dip (yes, the ultimate comfort food to nurse a broken heart!), and listening to Pastor Drew's words of comfort as he prayed for me over the phone. I was a pathetic sight, but God used Pastor Drew to minister to my soul and for that, I am so grateful. I have a feeling this book is one that is worth experiencing and I look forward to delving into it.

1 comment:
If the prayer was that good, the book should be AMAZING!
Enjoy!
Post a Comment