Monday, June 18, 2007

Really Now....

I ought to be in bed due to my state of sheer exhaustion. Spent a nice part of this evening cleaning up Georgie's mess on my living room carpet. She decided that this evening would be a nice time to be afflicted with diahrrea. Isn't that just splendid? I was driving back from East Falls when my roommate, Irishgirl, called me on my cell phone and broke the lovely news to me. Bless Irishgirl's, heart, she cleaned up the initial mess, however when I arrived home I took over and did my best to "de-stain" the carpet. It took me about a half hour, soaking the stains with "Oxy Clean" stain remover and eventually scrubbing. I think the diahrrea stains are out and I'm hoping I don't find any leftover residue when the carpet dries up. Now the living room has this lovely aroma of Febreeze mixed with together with the putrid stench of dog poop.

It's been a long hot, frustrating day, and I am so incredibly tired. Thank goodness Christ never asked me to be this "perfect" picture of Christianity. Instead He's asked me to lean really hard on Him, in the midst of my imperfections, as He loves my roommate and even my puppy through me.

No comments: