For the last few months I've been doing a book study and praying together with four good friends, Irishgirl, Irishteacher, Kenyagirl, and Messianicgirl. We've been meeting every Tuesday evenings, each one bringing an ingredient in order to cook a meal together beforehand. It's been an amazing time with these four incredible, godly, women whom I've learned so much from over the last few weeks. Last night Messianicgirl was unable to join us, however she sent along with Kenyagirl little notes of encouragement and a short devotional which in restrospect focused on Proverbs 27:17:
"As iron sharpens iron, so man/women sharpens the countenance of his/her friends"
What an awesome reminder of one of Gods precious gifts to us, friends who encourage us and lovingly challenge us to "keep going". I am so blessed to have friends who challenge me to become all that God intends and friendships who draw me closer to Christ. These four precious women "sharpen" me and motivalte me, tell me the truth and even risk hurting my feelings because they love me and have my best interests at heart - "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses" Proverbs 27:6.
I don't strive to look for perfect friends, but friends whose hearts are set to follow God. I also strive to be the kind of friend that helps others become more like Christ.

1 comment:
"We love those who know the worst of us and don't turn their faces away"
-walker percy
I believe thats our friends...and what makes them truly amazing. I'm going to miss dinner nights this summer!!
Post a Comment