So it's 1:30 AM and while I should be fast asleep by now, I'm not. Instead I'm sitting here in my living room, somewhat traumatized by the activity that took place in the bedroom above from mine. I live in a three level house which is split into two apartments. As mentioned before, I lived in the upstairs apartment for about 5 years with three other roommates prior to moving to the downstairs apartment this past summer. When we moved out of the upstairs apartment, three new guys moved in. One of whom now resides in my old bedroom, which is directly above my new bedroom. Get the picture? This guy is seriously a piece of work, clunking around and dropping who knows what on the floor at 2 AM, of course, waking me up. Oh, and you know what tops this all off? His squeaky bed. Yup, this guy has a VERY squeaky bed. And tonight, there were some abnormally sounding squeakage taking place up there. He was by himself.
By this point, I was so fed up that I stated out loud, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME". The squeaking stopped.
I seriously need to invest in a pair of good ear plugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love it! I do hope you were able to get some sleep though, and that you won't be too tired in the morning.
Thanks again for the chat tonight- you are a great friend!
mwah!
Oh no! I bet he did not even know you could hear him.
ris,
i am certifiably exhausted today. came home early to nap for an hour before i head back out to facilitate my adoption group.
spinner,
he probably didn't. i have a feeling that future squeakage will decrease after last night. :D
Kinda makes you wonder if your downstairs neighbor thought the same thing about you when you lived upstairs.
Or maybe you just had a quieter bed.
anonymous,
i have actually thought about the same thing. but fortunately, the room that i inhabit now was actually used as storage.
Oh! Won't it be a blast when he has a friend sleep over? It seems like two people tend to make more noise than one . . . or so I've heard.
Hahahaha! I'm so sorry, but when I lived in England, the couple upstairs would "rearrange furniture" at odd hours of the night, and I could never face them in the morning. I'm with you, girl!
Post a Comment