"As they pass through the Valley of Baka (weeping),
they make it a place of springs,
the autumn rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion".
Psalm 84: 6-7
Pain and I do not mix very well and lately the brokenness I've been experiencing has been been quite intense. This whole process of packing, purging, and saying good-byes is hard. While I am grateful to have this month off to prepare for my move and to spend time with precious friends, I have felt so alone in the process, like I'm in this desert surrounded by miles and miles of sand with no one else in sight. This is a place where I need to lean on the One who is the Living Water, but it has been so difficult. I know He has promised to faithfully and gently lead me in the desert but I am having a hard time trusting in this truth. Right now I am in the midst of "the Valley of Weeping" and I am desperately clinging to the hope that He will turn it into springs where He can quench my thirst and bring hope and healing in a desolate place I am in at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment