2. Over the last 6 or so months, been feeling somewhat restless and discouraged with this season of life that I'm in. I had this idealized notion of where my life should be at this stage: married, raising a family, career mom, 2.5 kids, living the cultured and seemingly aware urban life, etc... But alas, these intimations have not come into fruition. And with that, I have questioned, "Has God forgotten me?" I know He hasn't. I suppose it's all about perspective. God has been teaching me how to look at things with a grateful heart, no matter what season of life I'm in. And for now, He has placed me here in Philly to give hope and joy to the children and families I am working with. With that, He has also surrounded me with this amazing community of believers who sharpen and challenge me, yet at the same time show me in so many ways Jesus' love.
3. Walks along Kelly Drive with Georgie.
4. "Creation Appreciation" along Kelly Drive. And I'm not talking about the flowers and the trees here. ;)
5. Silly emails and bantering back and forth with my good friend Iowagirl, (who also works with me). I think of Iowagirl whenever I read this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment